DuPont Women Lawyers’ Network
Welcome to the Women Lawyers’ Network
We’re dedicated to the success of women lawyers at DuPont. Find out how we’re creating an environment that promotes advancement and achievement through legal networking, recruitment, mentoring and the development of leadership skills in women.
The mission of the DuPont Women Lawyers Network (DWLN) is to positively impact the business of DuPont by promoting legal excellence through the success, development and professional advancement of the women lawyers representing DuPont.
The Objectives of the DuPont Women Lawyers’ Network
- To create opportunities for women lawyers to grow in substantive and leadership skills, to assist women lawyers in our Primary Law Firms in developing business, to increase the visibility of women in the network and to increase recognition for women’s achievements.
- To generate a positive and bias-free working environment by helping women lawyers to attain professional equality in the following ways:
- Equal opportunity to achieve highly visible, highly compensated management and leadership positions
- Equal access to client and client development opportunities
- Equal access to informal information sharing
- Public acknowledgement and credit for ideas
- Equal voice in decision making
- Recognition of communication style differences and the effects of those differences
- Establishment of objective criteria for evaluating and recognizing successful performance
- Equal access to quality assignments, training and development opportunity and informal mentoring for young and mid-level lawyers
- To challenge the status quo in the legal professional culture by inspiring women to take action.
- To educate the company and its Primary Law Firms about issues unique to the careers of women lawyers.
- To have a forum to collaborate about substantive legal matters as well as the following areas:
- Career Advancement
- Professional Development
- Diversity Issues
- Work/Life Balance
- To promote legal excellence by furthering the goals of the DuPont Legal Model.
For more information on the DuPont Women Lawyers Network, contact: Maria S. Angelo