Paralegal Utilization Program
DuPont created the Paralegal Utilization Program to capture the knowledge and enthusiasm of paralegals and help case managers use all of their legal personnel more cost-effectively.
The Program provides a framework for achieving a variety of important goals:
- Educate PLFs about how the effective utilization of paralegals can improve client relationships and the bottom line;
- Develop and implement systems and processes that utilize paralegals more effectively;
- Provide opportunities for paralegals to increase job satisfaction;
- Create tools that PLFs can use to improve their efforts, such as work process mapping guides, team building exercises, sample job descriptions and performance assessments, and career development programs;
- Promote an atmosphere of teamwork within the PLFs that supports the principles outlined in the DuPont Legal Model.
- The Program employs a Leveraged Staffing Model to standardize the utilization of support staff and help managers make smarter decisions about work assignments. The goal is to have attorneys only perform complex, legal work and not be distracted with tasks that are better suited to paralegals. In this way, the Model will ensure that work assignments always balance cost effectiveness with quality.
To learn more about the DuPont Paralegal Program go to our Product Catalog and purchase a copy of The Dollars and $ense of Paralegal Utilization – The DuPont Paralegal Utilization Model.